Sunday, June 04, 2006

Spectrum Ends

I started my day out in rural eastern South Dakota, enjoying the scenery of tree greenery and lake bluery. It was a nice drive home, even though Chester's car doesn't have air conditioning or a radio (and mine's in the shop). Next on our agenda was vegging out in front of "The Family Stone", which I did not necessarily enjoy on account of the ratio of jerks to non-jerks as far as the characters were concerned.

We rounded out the evening at Ichiban for Alexis' birthday. Expensive, but worth every penny (of Chester's). Not only was the food decadent, but the waiters put on a good show. I won't even bother trying to explain how cool it was, so you'll either have to take my word or take yourself there.

Ah yes...the reason I was in rural South Dakota, you ask? One of my best friends from high school got married this weekend. I would have liked to take more pictures, but when I remembered that I did indeed bring my camera, I couldn’t remember where it was. I took not one picture with my own camera, but I’m hoping the bride will e-mail me some for posting purposes.

It was interesting to be back on my old stomping grounds, and surprising how I remembered things as mundane as precisely which bump on the road by my house conceals a steep hill.

A good and varied weekend, all in all.

No comments: