Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Frodo and His PTSD

Well...so my blog really doesn't have much to do with the title, but we were watching Return of the King last night at my mom's, and when Frodo decides to leave with Bilbo and the elves (oh yeah, spoiler), she suggested that maybe he has post traumatic stress disorder. Poor Frodo.

**Warning: this next paragraph may contain TMI, so if you are feeling squeamish, you should probably skip it.**

On Sunday morning, I woke up and went about business as usual. After I took a shower though, my right ear clogged itself up, and to make a long story short, I haven't been able to hear out of it until this morning (even after many obsessive applications of Debrox). I decided I should go to the doctor, and luckily snuck in at 8:00 this morning. The nurse used a gun-like tool to spray the excess wax out of my ear and said, "Oh, it looks like we got a tootsie roll." What?! As you may have guessed, this means I had a huge buildup (which makes me uncomfortable to admit, but it's true and I don't know why). However, Tootsie Rolls are one of my favorite candies ever and now I won't be able to eat one without thinking of that. Great. The good news is that I can hear perfectly again.

In other news, my car is not working correctly. We took it to Checker and used their amazing (free!) electric diagnostic thing, bought a camshaft positioning sensor (yeah, I know), Chester put it in...and it's still not working right. I bought a Chilton's and tried to figure some things out on my own, but it looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and take it in. Lucky I made my surprise deposit from my piggy bank last week, eh?

We saw X-Men 3 on Saturday night, which greatly impressed me. Not all of it was good, but then again, a lot of it was. I really like Magneto. I always enjoy watching him and Mystique interact, and this movie was no different. I wish Angel had a bigger role. That's all I'll say because I'm sure plenty of people haven't seen it, and I already spoiled Return of the King. Although I will offer one piece of advice: do not be tricked by the credits. Stay until they are done, because I did not and now I regret it.

That's it, folks!

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

I don't know what a TMI is, still don't, but it doesn't seem like all that good of a thing. Has your car been acting up lately? Perhaps you couldn't hear with that ugly wax buildup--which they used to talk about in TV commercials for Johnson's Floor Wax and other stuff that's probably disappeared by now. Not the ear kind, the floor kind. Sounds like the ear kind is alive and well!