Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Fargo-go

My weekend trip to Fargo was, all in all, quite successful. I headed up there on Saturday and picked up my brother first, after seeing his Ultimate Bachelor Pad (meaning there was little to no decoration--just two air mattresses, a TV, a computer, various gaming consoles and a comfortable few chairs) and we headed over to my friend Troy's, who just got an apartment in downtown Fargo. It was funny--he had all these potted plants, and after I pointed them out (I do enjoy a good houseplant), he showed me that many of them were actually a part of his indoor garden. One of these unfortunate plants included a tiny lettuce plant that was in a planter with three lettuce skeletons. I was amused.

Troy, David (my brother) and I ate at Mexican Village (which they do NOT have in the Cities, much to my shock and chagrin) and then met up with my old roommate and co-bridesmaid at the adult bookstore to get the bride some silly gifts.

The actual party was pretty tame--we went out to eat at Johnny Carino's (which has the best chocolate cake I've had in my life, and sadly, is also not in the Cities), played a racy ring toss game and Truth or Dare (which was redundant because we know almost all there is to know about each other already), made some non-alcoholic daquiris (Heather, the bride, doesn't drink) and watched Just Like Heaven.

The next day, I went to Perkins with Troy (again) and my friend Traci. After that, I picked up David and we met Liz at Godfather's. It was really nice to see her--I think out of my Fargo friends, I miss her most of all.

Being in Fargo and driving around by NDSU with the weather so nice and having that feeling of being on my own really made me feel homesick for living there. I'm actually toying with the idea of moving back to finish my bachelor's degree, partly because I'm going to have to leave the Cities anyway for vet school and NDSU has a good pre-veterinary program (which is why I went there in the first place). Chester and I have talked about it some, but I'm not sure how it will play out. I don't want to move there thinking it will be the same with my friends, so I'll have to consider other pros and cons. Just something to think about, I guess.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

I'm glad to see your update, April, and hear that all is well with David and everyone up in Fargo. Sounds like you guys had a good time. There's a Johnny Carino's in Sioux Falls (hint-hint).

It would be a switch to go back to Fargo, and it sounds like you're realistically wary. Things will work out!