Friday, June 23, 2006

...and the Mohawk-Induced Excitement Continues

You see, the "...and" is an homage to Rancid's (aka the subject of this post) album "...and Out Come the Wolves"...and I didn't even mean for it to be! In any case, one of my most favorite bands in the world is going to be in the Cities 9/13. I actually first discovered this from a flyer handed out at Warped Tour, but was skeptical and only today had the information confirmed by Ticketmaster.

In fact, my excitement is such that I've already invested $0.20 on text messaging so that Ticketmaster will remind me one hour before the tickets go on sale. You see, I am working on the assumption that everyone is as excited as I am--not entirely an unfounded assumption. When I saw NOFX in Winnipeg in '02, they were doing a show in the Cities, and the day after, a show in Winnipeg. Well, both shows were sold out but Ticketmaster suggested checking back in case they opened a sale of more tickets, or even more unlikely, a new date. Well, I did check back and as luck would have it, they DID open another date in Winnipeg and I happened to check a hour before tickets went on sale. It was meant to be.

I could probably be more excited about this, but not by much. I have already seen my favorite bands (NOFX, Reel Big Fish, Goldfinger, AFI etc.) multiple times, but have only caught the tail end of Rancid at the 2001 Warped Tour. Rancid! In the Cities! Yee-haw!

No comments: