Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Melvin's Relocation

I have been feeling guilty, of late, about my role as a pet owner. My dog and cat are fine, albeit Jack’s itchy ears (yet another trip to the vet this weekend, it’s looking like). However, when I got my rat Melvin, I mistakenly thought the spare room would be a great place for him to go. The problem was that we almost never use that room, so he spent a lot of the time alone. I have been meaning for a couple of weeks at least, to move Melvin down to the living room so he can be a part of the goings on, and finally did so tonight.

Here we are, chilling and watching some Scrubs.



Someone’s feeling left out and taking a short respite from his pestiness.



Here, Jack is trying to get in on the love and excitement of Melvin being out and about, but I’m not having it!



Getting along great.



We’re all friends!



I know what some of you are probably thinking about pet rats, but he’s a cool little fellow and I’ve grown quite fond of him.

Fun fact: Melvin is named after Eric Melvin, the guitarist and sometimes singer of NOFX.

In other news, I sent in my registration today for the Back in Shape 5k June 24th!

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Cool pictures, even if there does seem to be a rat in many of them! I hope you have fun at the race; that's Grandma Rose's birthday weekend (and your uncle Justin's birthday).