Monday, June 05, 2006

My Poor Calves

I woke up yesterday morning to aching calves that have continued to ache and impede my walking until this very moment. I could not, for the life of me, figure out why they were hurting. Yes, I did a grueling 25-minute run on Friday, followed by 40 minutes of equally grueling DDR, but these are not unusual workouts for me. It was not until last night that I remembered that we climbed the Nicollet Tower. Apparently DDR was not enough to prepare my poor calves for climbing several sets of stairs.



In other news, I have been thinking about running a 10k this fall, and found two that I am thinking of doing. One is the Bolder Dash 10k in Minneapolis, and the other is the Big Woods Run in Faribault on what looks like a gorgeous trail. It will be fun to train for these and see if I can get up to the daunting 6.2 mile distance.

1 comment:

John Nelson said...

Just remember that those sore calves are rebuilding, getting stronger for the next test you give them.