Monday, April 17, 2006

Solitary Confinement

I've been worried lately that I'm losing whatever people skills I may have. I was small-talking in the copy room with the girl my age that works here, and I found that not only did I not have much to say, but I didn't have much in the way of satisfactory replies, either.

I am interested in people, probably to the point of being nosy. For the record, however, I like to think that I am genuinely interested and nonjudgemental, rather than simply being gossipy. I'm beginning to wonder if my days spent at work, primarily by myself, and my evenings spent talking to mainly my boyfriend, my mom and my pets (I know...talking to the pets) are taking a toll on my social skills.

A nice break to the monotony was an outing Saturday night. David (my brother), Chester (my boyfriend) and I met Ryan and Abby at Gameworks downtown for some Dance Dance Revolution. We also played a few rousing games of air hockey, and David and I played "a" (I got a little obsessive here and ended up swiping my card several times to continue our game, and if not for David, probably would have done so until my trigger fingers fell off) game of Ocean Hunter (or something...damned if I can remember). It was a good time, but unfortunately all the distractions prevented good conversation and perhaps in part led to my concerns of the day. Even so, it was a great night and I had a lot of fun.

No comments: