I know, you're probably thinking that another happy blog from me is one happy blog too many. But I was thinking of exciting things and wanted to share them.
1. Today we are leaving for Fargo. I love Fargo this time of year, when college students abound. It makes me feel young again. I also love the skatepark, my brother, and my friends that are there. Not necessarily in that order.
2. Next weekend Cesar Millan, aka The Dog Whisperer, is going to be in the Twin Cities and I have tickets for me, Chester and my mom. Cesar is one of my favorite people, from what I have seen. If you have taken any psychology courses, you probably know what a self-actualized person is. If you haven't, Google it. I think that Cesar is self-actualized. It never ceases to amaze me at the levels of patience he keeps with both people and animals.
3. It is the birthday of my brother Casey on Sept. 10. It will be a day of celebrating his 16th year, cake, presents and good times!
4. Rancid, one of my very favorite bands, is going to be in the Cities on Sept. 13. I have not seen them in concert yet, unless you count a few minutes when I caught the trail end of a show at Warped Tour 2001.
5. On Oct. 21, I will be putting my Couch-to-5k training to use and running the Big Woods 5k in Faribault, MN. Anyone that reads this blog is duly invited to attend (see what words you can learn working in a law firm?).
6. I just learned that I can get a bus pass through my school that costs $80.00 and is valid until 12/31. To put this in perspective, I spend $80/month on bus passes. Yeehaw!
7. My mom and I went to a lake not too far from my house and walked around, and then ventured to some trails we had never been on before. They were gorgeous...it's hard to believe that places like that can exist in a bustling city.