Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Tuesday Thoughts

It's funny how when you have more things going on in your life, the blogging seems to decrease substantially. I've noticed the lack of blogging/internet activity since school has started for most people I know. The same can be said for myself: I'm juggling a full time job, 7 credits worth of classes, a boyfriend, a dog who requires frequent walking, cat/rat/fish maintenance, trying to get/stay in shape, new and old friends both and family. Whew!

This weekend was a good example of my juggling act. My brother zoomed into town from Fargo on Friday, so we spent the evening hanging out at my mom's. She made stew and bread, which was wonderful, and we countered the good food with the last week 2 workout in Couch-to-5k. Saturday Chester and I got up early in anticipation of the Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan) seminar, which we were going to with my mom. It seemed wrong to go and learn about being a good pack leader and the importance of walks without walking our own dog, so we made sure to accomplish that first. It was a very cool thing to be a part of--Cesar is very funny and intelligent. The icing on the cake: they placed 100 nametags under seats, and if you were lucky enough to get one, you got to stay after the seminar and meet Cesar/get an autograph. Alas, I was not lucky in this respect--but I was fortunate enough to have a lucky boyfriend who is quite fond of me. We waited in line and got to chat with Cesar for a few seconds before he signed a book for me and took a picture with us (I believe they'll post it on Cesar's website, so I'll post it when I get my paws on it).

We headed home after the show and got ready to have some new friends over for a barbecue. It was nice--people talked, and more importantly, listened. We barbecued, hung out around our new fire pit and roasted marshmallows for s'mores, and then headed in to warm up with a few rousing songs of DDR. It was a kind of fun I haven't had in a while, and I was glad for it.

Sunday, Jack and I braved the dreary, rainy weather to walk around Lake Harriet with another new friend and her dog. Despite my sogginess, I enjoyed the scenery and the company.

We headed over to my mom's again in the evening for my little brother's 16th birthday. More good food was had, and the company was delightful. I suppose it didn't hurt that Casey had gotten Guitar Hero for his birthday and we happily took turns playing that.

Despite the juggling, it was a fantastic weekend!

No comments: