Monday, July 31, 2006

The Mundane

When one is busy with a class, trying to incorporate the things she’s learned from reading Cesar’s Way (daily hour and a half walks with her dog among them), trying to keep up with her reading habit and trying to rid her mind of the lyrics of an insistent song from Dance Dance Revolution (which she frequently plays), not to mention her full-time job and keeping up with seemingly mundane activities as folding laundry, one has not much room in her head to think of blogs that are both interesting and informative.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

My vacation is quickly approaching, which is definitely something to look forward to. That is, if I didn’t have the bad habit of looking forward so far that I’m already feeling disappointed that my vacation is nearly over. The kickoff to this delightful week includes a trip to Grand Rapids, which is Chester’s old stomping ground. We’re mainly going to visit Chester’s cousin Mikey and his family, who I’ve grown quite fond of and consider (however presumptuously) to be like my own family.

Another not-so-delightful inclusion (or intrusion) into my vacation will be making major headway in the cleaning of our garage. I have bags and bags of clothes that I have hoarded with garage sales in mind. I am doubtful a garage sale will actually happen since it involves giving up two days of my time (at least) to watch strangers to root through my things. This cleaning will also include going through some things of Chester’s and putting them into plastic bins....with lids! That match! I suppose it’s good to keep in mind the little things that make us happy.

And that’s about all I’ve got swimming around in the old noggin for bloggin'.

No comments: